Tuesday, August 30, 2011

In Memory

So many of you know my brother and his "crazy" ambitious sport of ultra marathoning. Most of the time I really just think he is a nut case for doing it, but there are some days when I am just so envious that he is able to do it. He is strong, dedicated, ambitious, mentally tough, and just a touch of crazy all at once for doing this. However, this post is not meant to glorify my amazing brother even though he is just that, but it's more about a story about his sport that just really touched me. My brother wrote a story about his recent experience at the Leadville 100 (miler race), and it was just so touching that I have read it twice now and cried both times. I mean the fact that the people he mentions in the end I knew personally so that really hit home for me, but it is still an amazingly touching story. So I dedicate this to those that have lost someone in their life and have found an inspiration from it. Even in the sadness of losing someone there is still a light. Here is a link to the story please read it.
http://ericjlee.com/Trip%20Reports/Vons%20Leadville100.html


No comments:

Post a Comment