Thursday, March 10, 2011

Day 2

What do write? All I can really think about is parenting...no not me parenting. I was on my pediatric rotation today and seeing some of the children that come through that department makes me wonder sometimes. How much impact do parents really have on their child's behavior? I mean some of the kids I see just have the worst oral hygiene, cavities, etc. Then I ask the kids about their eating habits and they tell me they eat candy, drink sodas, and the 14 year old I had today said he drank a lot of coffee...seriously? This got me wondering though, I mean b/c I am not a parent so I don't really know how hard it really is to influence good behaviors and such on your kid. I mean it's easy for me to say "brush your teeth, eat healthier, etc." but to be the person to have to nag and push them to actually do it day in and day out I don't know. All I can say is that although they may have been too lenient in some aspects (cough cough my bad eating habits as a kid) over all my parents did a wonderful job I think in raising my brother and I. the point of all this rambling? Being extremely thankful that my parents worked so hard to get me to where I am at today b/c I believe that your parents have such an influence on what their kids become. I am so glad they set the right example and pushed me so hard to be the best person I can be, hopefully one day I will be able to be as good a parent as they were.
P.S. on a more fun note...We leave for Vegas in just over 1 day!!! and...I get to see my parents in about 2.5 days:)

No comments:

Post a Comment