Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Free Time

The best decision I made was to take my National Board exam before Thanksgiving. What it means now is that I have a lot, and I mean a lot, of free time on my hands. Art still has to work during the week so I am basically like a stay at home wife, not mom because we don't have kids. I decided that I needed to start some projects because I would go crazy just sitting at home all day long, I mean you can only work out so much. So day one yesterday was a success at what I call "being domestic". I drove to Michael's and spent almost an hour searching for craft supplies. Then I went to Target to finish collecting supplies. My project is to make most of the decorations for our very first Christmas tree. So far I have made the tree topper and started on decorating all the ornaments. I like the way it is going so far...so get excited for pictures to come! I have also cleaned the apartment, and plan to do some more today, and baked some treats for Art to take to his co-workers. Treats made so far include: peanut butter cookies with Hershey's kisses in the middle and dark chocolate pretzel bark. I would say day one was a complete success. Any idea's for good time killers let me know because I have about 3 more weeks to fill:)

No comments:

Post a Comment