Sunday, April 16, 2017

Carrot Soup

It only seems fitting that I post a carrot recipe on Easter right? I almost hate to call this a recipe as it's so simple and easy to do. I love soup, there is just something so comforting about a bowl of hot soup. But what I don't love is canned soup. It is always too salty for my taste, and the stuff inside is not fresh (duh it comes from a can). When I started making soup at home I just fell in love with the freshness and the simplicity of the flavors you get from using fresh ingredients. I found when I used fresh ingredients I didn't have to add a ton of salt and extra flavors to make it taste great.

Simply cut up some onions and carrots. Sauté the onions in a mixture of butter and olive oil. Then add the carrots and spices.




Then add chicken stock and simmer until very tender.


Puree with an immersion blender (or in batches in a regular blender if you don't have an immersion blender). Add milk and your done. See wasn't that simple? And you don't need a bunch of fancy ingredients. Simple clean and tasty!



I am trying a new way of posting the recipes via these cards what do you think? I am thinking I am liking it, but I am not sure the font I chose was right...thoughts?








No comments:

Post a Comment