Thursday, April 7, 2011

Faux Ice Cream?

You better believe it...I was so skeptical that this would 1) actually work and 2)taste halfway decent. It is really surprising though how good it was. No it is not anything like really good fatty ice cream but it is very comparable to a good frozen yogurt, and lord knows I love my fro-yo.
Just place a frozen banana in a blender and let it rip. Ok so not exactly that easy...but just blend and scrap down the blender and repeat, and eventually you will get a frozen yogurt consistancy. And you can make some nice variations.
Add 1 tbls of unsweetened coco powder for a chocolaty version (and really the banana flavor almost all disappears shockingly)
Add a tsp of vanilla extract and get a slightly vanilla/banana flavor
Add some nuts, or chocolate chips or mm's or whatever other mix ins you would add to frozen yogurt.
I found this on my new favorite website food gawker. Next I want to try adding some berries for a berry flavored version.

No comments:

Post a Comment