Friday, April 1, 2011

Your in America People

Ok, so I must start by saying that I am not by any means knocking diversity or anything to that sort...but I just get so irked sometimes about people who can't understand English here. I mean yes we are a free country and open to everyone and the mixing pot and opportunities...blah blah blah, but still. Why the rant? Well there are some people (students and faculty)  at our school that just can't either speak or read English well at all. Like I said I am all for diversity and equality, but I mean if you are going to be a health care provider especially at a place like our school (a very Midwestern culture and such) you need to be able to communicate and unfortunately the sad truth is that about 90% of our patients only understand English. Sometimes I seriously question our schools choice in students. Along those lines goes with the idea of have common sense people!! Some students I see in our school just don't seem to have any common sense...they may be the smartest people on paper and books, etc. but when it comes to common sense just nobody is home. Ok, that's finnally off my chest.
On a happier note tomorrow is our formal aka "Dental Prom". Should  be a great time...if only this weather would turn a little warmer for us.

No comments:

Post a Comment